Start Date - 26/10/2018|
Time - 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Categories No Categories
2nd and 4th Fridays, 10.30-12.30
This is all about outdoor play and reconnection with nature, with all of the wellbeing related benefits that come from this. For families with children ideally aged between 2 and 6 (although slightly older siblings can attend)
- Themes might include books such as The Gruffalo, Winnie the Pooh, Room on the Broom, or more generally Bushcraft, Minibeasts, Faeries & Elves, Birds, Sticks & Stones, etc.
- It’s all just about improving wellbeing and giving parents the confidence and ideas to do outdoor play and activities with their children.
For older children (8+), we hope to also offer Environmental Monitoring activities – TRUE (Teens Researching Urban Environments) (subject to numbers):
- This project is all about citizen science, getting out there and exploring natural environments in a scientific way.
- Themes so far have included: soil, earthworms, water, insects/ invertebrates, pond dipping, air quality, trees; these can be tailored to the age group and group-sizes.
- We have all the required ID, pond-dipping, bug-hunting, soil testing kit and several extra interesting pieces coming along soon including wearable air monitors (for sulphur, nitrogen and particulates) and field microscopes; as well as experienced staff.
These sessions are being delivered by Groundwork and are fully funded.