Bookings and Attendance Policy (Bookable Sessions)
BAHE aims to provide a safe an inclusive arena for home educating families, and enable them to access a diverse range of learning opportunities. We aim to be as inclusive as possible, but have in the past found that precious resources, both in terms of cost and time, have been used up by participants not attending events, and thereby blocking the opportunity for others to attend. To this aim, we have introduced the following policy for all bookable (ie non drop-in) sessions:
- Information on sessions will be emailed out, firstly to those who have previously expressed an interest, and then on the BAHE google group. Details will be given on how to book (usually by email. Enquiries made by means other than stated may risk not being processed).
- Places will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis, and if appropriate, payment requested, along with a contact telephone number.
- In general, a two-week deadline will be given for payment to be received (though this may be shortened if the event is happening sooner).
- Once payment has been received, the participant’s place will be confirmed as booked. Any relevant consent forms will be sent out for return before/at the first attended session.
- If payment has not been received after two weeks, the reservation will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. In exceptional circumstances, the treasurer may agree to extend the deadline.
- Payment will generally be requested in block bookings of half-termly or termly. We understand that for some families this may be difficult, and will be happy to discuss an alternative arrangement.
- Participants can cancel at any time by email or phone. Refunds will only be given if/when the vacated spaces are filled and paid for by a replacement participant.
- BAHE reserve the right to cancel the session for whatever reason. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible, but request that phone numbers are given in case cancellation has to happen at short notice. Wherever possible, we will try rearrange the session for another time. Where this is not possible, we will refund you.
- We ask that if participants aren’t able to attend a session for whatever reason, that a courtesy message is sent to the session leader, either by email or text message. This ensures that the group is not waiting for people unlikely to turn up. If participants fail to turn up to sessions more than twice, we will cancel their booking. We will endeavour to make contact with the participant beforehand.